Because of some logistical issues, we will not be holding our 20th Inspiration Walk on Saturday, August 21st in conjunction with the Over the Edge (OTE) event near Symphony Woods and the Merriweather District. However, we could not let this important anniversary go without marking it in a special way so we are having an Inspiration Walk Challenge.
- Start walking! When you walk 20 miles, you will be entered into a raffle for one of three $100 gift cards and many other prizes.
- Track your miles using the Strava app. Download the free Strava app to your phone and join the club “SOHO Inspiration Walk) or track your own miles and email your miles weekly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Final numbers must be submitted by September 5th.
- Meet up with fellow athletes and walk together. Challenge other members of your sports to participate.
- Share your walking adventures on social media. Take photos or videos of your walk and post them on our Facebook event page and tag us on Instagram (@special_olympicsmdhoco).
- Raise funds! You can donate directly to the IW page online or set up your own fundraising page and get sponsors to support your 20 mile walk.
- Donations can also be made by mailing a check to the office (Special Olympics Howard County, 8970 Route 108, Suite A-1, Columbia, MD, 21045).
- Those raising $100 will receive a commemorative t-shirt. (T-shirts will be available to pick up at the office in September.)
- Also, in honor of our 20th Anniversary, additional prizes will be awarded to the top 20 fundraisers!