Participating in Distance Running is an excellent way to improve your fitness and endurance! Although running is considered an individual sport, our athletes have many opportunities to engage in competitions. We call ourselves “Quick Feet”.
Ann Worley (email@example.com)
Training Times & Locations (September-October):
Wednesdays, 5:30pm-6:30pm, Meadowbrook Athletic Complex
Wednesdays: Athletes practice several courses ranging from distances of 1500K to 5K. Practices include relays (passing the baton) and hill work.
[tribe_events category=”distance-running” view=”list” tribe-bar=”false” date=”today”]
- Ability to run long distances.
- Love of running!
- Participation in competitions is strongly recommended, but not required.
- Athletes must bring their own good running shoes.
- Bring a full water bottle!
Uniform shorts and shirts provided to athletes who participate in competition.
- Home Meet
- Fall Fest at St Mary’s University, Emmitsburg
- Other inter-county competitions
- We need MANY volunteers to run with individual athletes and to help direct them around the courses.
- We encourage parents of athletes to become volunteers.
- There is a special need for volunteers who can run alongside our faster athletes.