Looking for a fun and easy outdoor sport for winter? Try snowshoeing! Snowshoeing offers athletes of all ability levels a great workout and a great way to enjoy the outdoors. At competition, events range from 25M races to 800M races; we also do relays. Athletes of all ability levels are welcome to join.
Allyson Parkock – firstname.lastname@example.org
Training Times & Locations:
Thursdays, 6:30pm – 7:30pm, Virtual
Sundays, 9:00am – 10:30am, Long Reach High School
Thursday: Athletes prepare for the Winter Games by building strength and endurance during the Thursday night virtual exercise sessions.
Sunday: Athletes put on snowshoes and practice at Long Reach High School. Even if there is no snow, we put on snowshoes and practice on the grass.
- Athletes at all ability levels are welcome.
- Participation in competition is optional.
- Snowshoes will be provided. Athletes have the option of purchasing their own snowshoes.
- Athletes must provide their own sturdy, waterproof shoes. Sneakers cannot be worn with snowshoes.
- Hats and jackets are provided for athletes who participate in competition.
- Athletes participating in competition must provide their own waterproof pants.
Winter Games is a 3-day event (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday) the last week of February at Whitetail Ski Resort.
- Volunteers are needed to assist athletes at practices.
- Unified partners can compete with athletes in relays at Winter Games.