The Basketball 5×5 team is the most advanced basketball team under Special Olympics Howard County. Teams consist of approximately 8-10 players that are a mix of male and female athletes. Five play at a time in a full-court setting. We attempt to form each team with age and skill matching. Season typically runs January thru March.
Training Times & Locations:
To be determined
Practices consist of drills and scrimmages.
Practices run for 90 minutes to 2 hours.
[tribe_events category=”basketball-5v5″ view=”list” tribe-bar=”false” date=”today”]
- Athletes have the ability to play full-court basketball.
- Athletes will be evaluated to ensure appropriate team placement.
- Athletes must commit to attending required qualifiers and state competition.
- Athletes must attend at least 80% of all practices.
- Balls will be provided for practices and competition.
- Athletes must wear athletic shoes and shorts to practices.
- SOHO will provide practice jersey and uniforms.
- To qualify for state competition, athletes must participate in 3 qualifiers and 80% of practices.
- State games are held at the end of March.
- Assistants to Coaches during practices and games