Learn the basics of basketball! In this introduction to the sport we work on shooting, dribbling, and passing in preparation for team play. The fun of sport is stressed equally with the skills. Athletes of all ages and abilities are welcome to join us!
Lavonne Smith – firstname.lastname@example.org
Training Times & Locations (January-March):
Wednesdays, 6:30pm – 7:45pm, Oakland Mills Middle School
Wednesdays: Separate stations set up for each skill set. Small groups rotate between stations. Warm-ups, relays, cool-downs incorporated into each practice – We make it fun!
- All athletes welcome!
- No previous basketball experience necessary!
- Competition participation optional.
- Basketballs are provided at practice.
- Athletes must wear sneakers in the gym space.
Uniforms provided for athletes who participate in competition.
- Qualifier at Glenelg Country School required for participation in state games.
- State games in Frederick, MD in March.
- Each small group of athletes supported by 1-2 volunteers.
- Volunteers at each station to demonstrate/teach skill set.