The 3V3 Basketball Team is comprised of players who have skills advanced enough for 3V3 (half-court) competition, but are not yet at the 5V5 (full court) level. Composition of the teams range from low to moderately high functional skills. We usually have enough athletes to make four teams which range from a low skill to a moderate high functional skills. Team members and volunteers are very enthusiastic about the sport and have lots of fun during practice.
Training Times & Locations (January-March):
Mondays, 6:00pm – 8:00pm, Forest Ridge Elementary School
Saturdays, 9:00am – 11:00am, Oakland Mills Middle School
Practices consist of drills and scrimmages.
Practices run for 90 minutes to 2 hours.
- Athletes have the ability to play half-court basketball.
- Athletes will be evaluated to ensure appropriate team placement.
- Athletes must commit to attending required qualifiers and state competition.
- Athletes must attend at least 80% of all practices.
- Balls will be provided for practices and competition.
- Athletes must wear athletic shoes and shorts to practices.
SOHO will provide practice jersey and uniforms.
- To qualify for state competition, athletes must participate in 3 qualifiers and 80% of practices.
- State games are held at the end of March.
- Assistants to Coaches during practices and games