Dryland exercise and skills practice.
Practice in kayaks on the water.
[tribe_events category=”kayaking” view=”list” tribe-bar=”false” date=”today”]
- Ability to pass a swim test.
- Athletes must be able to propel themselves continually in the water for 25 meters.
- Ability to follow simple directions with minimal intervention to be considered “water safe” in a kayak and on the shore.
- Age 14 at the start of the season.
Kayaks, PFDs and paddles are provided.
- Appropriate clothing and shoes must be worn for practices.
- Uniforms shirts and hats provided for competition.
- Must participate in qualifier to attend State Games.
- State competition held in August at Washington College.
Volunteers assist athletes on shore and provide instruction on the water.