Janet Larrimore – JanetLarrimore@somdhc.org
Training Times & Locations:
Thursdays, 7:30pm – 8:30pm, Virtual
Sundays, 10:00am – 11:30am, Centennial Park, Ellicott City
Thursday: Athletes prepare for the Winter Games by building strength and endurance during the Thursday night indoor exercise sessions.
Sunday: Athletes put on snowshoes and practice at Centennial Park. Even if there is no snow, we put on snowshoes and practice on the grass.
- Athletes at all ability levels are welcome.
- Participation in competition is optional.
- Snowshoes will be provided. Athletes have the option of purchasing their own snowshoes.
- Athletes must provide their own sturdy, waterproof shoes. Sneakers cannot be worn with snowshoes.
- Hats and jackets are provided for athletes who participate in competition.
- Athletes participating in competition must provide their own waterproof pants.
Winter Games is a 3-day event (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday) the last week of February at Whitetail Ski Resort.
- Volunteers are needed to assist athletes at practices.
- Unified partners can compete with athletes in relays at Winter Games.